1. NAMES IN FULL: ADEBOWALE, OLUSEGUN FATAI
2. SEX: Male
3. DATE and PLACE OF BIRTH: 14TH January, 1966, Ile-Ife. Osun state.
4. NATIONALITY: Nigerian
5. MARITAL STATUS: Married
6. NAME AND ADDRESS OF SPOUSE: Mrs A. A. Adebowale c/o Dr. (Mrs) G. K. Ojo Quantity Surveying Department Faculty of Environmental Design and Management Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
7. NAME AND ADDRESS OF NEXT OF KIN: Dr. (Mrs) G. K. Ojo Quantity Surveying Department Faculty of Environmental Design and Management Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
8. DATE OF ASSUMPTION OF DUTY: March 4, 2008
9. STATUS ON FIRST APPOINTMENT: Assistant Lecturer
10. PRESENT POSITION: Assistant Lecturer
11. DATE OF PRESENT PROMOTION: Not yet
12. DATE OF CONFIRMATION OF APPOINTMENT: Not yet
13. FACULTY: Education
14. DEPARTMENT: Educational Foundations and Counselling
15. MARITAL STATUS: Married with children.
ADEBOWALE, Olusegun FataiAssistant Lecturer
1. NAMES IN FULL: ADEBOWALE, OLUSEGUN FATAI
MY QualificationsHigher Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
(A) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 2010 - Date
(B) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 2008 - 2010
(C) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 2005 - 2007
(D) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. 1983 - 1988
Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
(a) Ph. D. (Guidance and Counselling) in view
(b) Master of Education (M. Ed.) Guidance and Counselling 2010
(b) Master of Arts in Education (M.A. Ed.) Tests and Measurements 2007
(c) Bachelor of Agric (Hons) 1988
(d) West African School Certificate Examination 1982
1. A Study of Differential Item Functioning in the Lagos State Unified Examinations in Physics. M.A. Ed. Thesis in Tests and Measurement (2007)
2. Prospects and Challenges of Online Guidance and Counselling Services in Obafemi Awolowo University. M.Ed. Long Essay in Guidance and Counselling (2010)
2. Published Books/Monographs:
1. *Popoola, B.I. and Adebowale, O.F. (Eds) (2012). Online Counselling: Towards Effectively Applying Technology. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-61350-204-4, ISBN13: 9781613502044, ISBN10: 1613502044, EISBN13: 9781613502051. USA: IGI-Global publishers.
2. *Alao, K. A., Kobiowu, S. V. and Adebowale, O. F. (2010). Fundamentals of Educational and Counselling Psychology. UK: Strategic Insight Publishing. ISBN-10: 1908064048, ISBN-13: 9781908064042
3. Contribution to Books
3. *Adebowale, O.F. and Ehindero, S.A. (2012) Online Counselling: The Emergence of Information Technology in Support of Learning and Cognition. A chapter contribution submitted to be published in Bhattacharya, Mach and Moallem (Eds.) Emerging Technologies in Learning: Impact on Cognition and Culture. To be published by AACE (Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
4. *Adebowale, O.F. (2011) Online Injustice, Poverty and Fear. In Kurubacak, G. and Yuzer, V.T. (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Transformative Online Education and Liberation:Model for Social Equity. (pp. 312-329) USA: IGI-Global. TOC available at http://www.igi-global.com/Bookstore/TitleDetails.aspx?TitleId=41893&DetailsType=Chapters or http://www.igi-global.com/Bookstore/Chapter.aspx?TitleId=48877
5. *Adebowale, O.F. (2010) Identity Awareness. In Yuzer, V.T. and Kurubacak, G (Eds.) Transformative Learning and Online Education: Aesthetics, Dimensions and Concepts. (pp. 331 to 346). USA: IGI-Global. Also TOC available at http://www.igi-global.com/Bookstore/TitleDetails.aspx?TitleId=40264&DetailsType=Chapters or http://www.igi-global.com/Bookstore/Chapter.aspx?TitleId=44215
4. Published Articles
6. *Adebowale, O.F. and Dare, N. O. (2012). Teachers' Awareness of Nigeria's Educational Policy on ICT and the use of ICT in Oyo State Secondary Schools
7. Adebowale, O. F., Popoola, B. I., Obisakin, C. B. and Oyaziwo Aluede (2012). The Emerging role of ICT (Online counselling) In Nigerian Universities: The Obafemi Awolowo University experience. The Counsellor, 31(1), 25-38.
8. *Adebowale, O.F. and Moye, G.P. (2012) Learning Difficulties in Primary schools: Teachers attitudes and coping strategies. Online Educational Research Journal available at http://www.oerj.org/View?action=viewPDF &paper=39
9. *Oloyede, E. O., Adebowale, O. F. and Ojo, A. A. (2012) "The Effects of Competitive, Cooperative, and Individualistic Classroom Interaction Models on Learning Outcomes in Mathematics in Nigerian Senior Secondary Schools," ISRN Education, vol. 2012, Article ID 263891, 8 pages, 2012. doi:10.5402/2012/263891
10. Oluwatosin, S. A. and Adebowale, O. A. (2011) Residential Differentials and personal variables as correlates of undergraduate students' risky sexual practices. Nigerian Journal of Educational Research and Evaluation, 10 (3) 200-208
11. Alao, K., Adebowale, O. F. and Akintomide, A. G. (2011) Cultural barriers to initiating counselling relationships in Nigerian secondary schools: the Ile-Ife experience. The counsellor, 30 (2) 46 - 61.
12. *Adebowale, O. F. and Popoola, B.I. (2011) Prospects and Challenges of Online Guidance and Counselling Services in a Nigerian University. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling. 33 (1) 64-78 DOI 10.1007/s10447-010-9109-x
13. *Adeleke, M.A., Adebowale, O.F. and Olayiwola, O.I . (2010). The New Nigerian Universal Basic Education curriculum: A critical review. International Journal of Applied Psychology and Human Performance (6), 1085-1094.
14. Afolabi, E.R.I., Adetutu, P.O. and Adebowale. O.F. (2010) A critical Appraisal of NUC Accreditation model of Nigerian Universities in South Western Nigeria. Ife Journal of Behavioural Research 5 (1) 1 - 11.
15. *Adebowale, O.F., Adewale, I. and Oyeniran, F.M. (2010) Computer interest, approval and confidence of secondary school students in three selected local governments of Lagos State (Nigeria): Implications for global computerization International Journal of Education and Development using ICT (IJEDICT),
16. *Adebowale, O.F, Adediwura, A.A., and Bada, T. A., (2009) Correlates of Computer Attitude among Secondary School Students in Lagos State, Nigeria. International Journal of Computing and ICT Research, 3, (2) 20 - 30. http://www.ijcir.org/volume3-number2/article3.pdf.
17. Adebowale, O.F. and Ojo, G.K. (2009) Validating the Relative Significance Index (RSI) in Counselling and Educational Survey Researches: Prevalent Online Counselling Needs of Students in a Nigerian University. Ife Journal of Theory and Research in Education (IJOTRE) 12 (1) 119 - 130
18. * Adebowale, O.F. and Osuji, S.N. (2008) Record Keeping Practices of Primary School Teachers in Ondo State: Implications for Successful Implementation of the Universal Basic Education Programme in Nigeria. eJournal of Educational Policy Fall 2008 available at https://www4.nau.edu/cee/jep/journals.aspx?id=183
19. *Adebowale, O.F. and Alao, K. (2008). Continuous Assessment Policy Implementation in Selected Local Government Areas of Ondo State (Nigeria) Implications for a Successful Implementation of the UBE Program. KEDI Journal of Educational Policy. 5 (1) 3 -16.
20. Alao, K, and Adebowale, O.F. (2007). Repackaging the Nigerian Secondary School Counsellor For The Challenges Of Postmodern World Journal of Educational Media And Technology. 13 (1) 89-95
* Foreign publications
Manuscripts Accepted for Publication:
21. Manuscripts submitted for Publication
1. Ojo, O.O and Adebowale, O.F. (2010) Electronic Educational Assessment in Nigeria. Contribution to Departmental book on educational assessment.
2. Olayiwola, O. I. and Adebowale, O. F. (2010) Human cognition and the interface of cultural dynamics and learning. A chapter contribution submitted to be published in Bhattacharya, Mach and Moallem (Eds.) Emerging Technologies in Learning: Impact on Cognition and Culture. To be published by AACE (Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
3. Adebowale, O. F. and Akintomide, A. G. Guidance and counselling in the Nigerian universal basic education programme: Implications for socioeconomic development
4. Olatomide, O. O. Shobola, A. A. and Adebowale, O. F. Teachers' perception of the need for professional counsellors in public primary schools in Ondo state, Nigeria.
5. Adebowale O.F., Ehindero, S. A. and Olatomide, O. O Clients' preferences and counsellor effectiveness in secondary schools in Ife Zone of Osun state
6. Alao, K and Adebowale, O. F. Career information processing strategies of secondary school students in Osun state (Nigeria)
22. Manuscripts in preparation
1. Adebowale, O F. Defense Mechanism. Chapter contribution into a textbook on Psychology of Education
2. Adebowale, O F. Transfer of learning. Chapter contribution into a textbook on Psychology of Education
3. Oloyede, E. O., Adebowale, O. F. and Ojo, A. A. Affective components of the JSS Mathematics curriculum and its implication to the Nigerian Universal Basic Education Programme
4. Ajayi, H.O. and Adebowale, O. F. Conception of childhood in southwestern Nigeria.
5. Awopetu E. O. and Adebowale, O.F Monitoring, Inspection and Supervisory experiences of Basic school teachers in Osun state
6. Shobola, A. A and Adebowale, O. F. Measurement of values acquisition and educational management in Nigeria
The Impact of ICT on Education